Monday, January 21, 2013

Steal My Show by tobyMac

If You wanna steal my show
I'll sit back and watch You goIf You got somethin' to sayGo on and take it awayNeed You to steal my showCan't wait to watch You go, oh, ohSo take it away Steal My Show by tobyMac

I love this song so much! It illustrates completely how I’ve been feeling lately.Recently, my heart has really been to be a mouthpiece for God. That’s what my whole blog is about; being available for God to use me to reach people.Many of my friends and people from my church have told me that I should be a pastor. That’s confirmation of what I feel called to be. It comes as a surprise to many adults and other teens I know. It’s not really considered normal for a teenager to want to be a pastor. But they all tell me that I’m qualified to do it with God’s help.The truth is, they don’t see the ways in which I fall short in my life. Very few of my friends see me in the entirety of my life. Most of the people from my church only see me in my church life. Most of my school friends only see me in my school life. Very rarely do my friends see my home life. They don’t see me having trouble getting along with my younger sisters, and they don’t see me forget to do my daily chores because I’m too busy checking up on Cory and Topanga on Boy Meets World. My church and school like are mostly connected, but I sometimes have trouble acting like the same person at home.I don’t know why but it seems so much easier to be patient with my friends at school than it is with my family at home. Maybe it has to do with the fact that we know how our family members fall short. Living with someone really teaches you thinks about them that you can’t see out in public. People do things in the privacy of their home that they wouldn’t do in public because there isn’t any fear that an outsider might learn of it. But what if we could treat our siblings as we would each of our friends? With kindness and being slow to anger. Hard? Very. Impossible? No. We need God’s help. We can’t do it on our own.I’ve been called so many things as a highschooler. “moral”, “religious”, “too-good”, “goody-goody”. So many of these things were meant as insults, but I always take them as compliments. They brought to my attention that people see something different in me, and they recognize it. I want God to help me be more different, to the point where they don’t just see Jesus in me, but they recognize that it is Jesus. I want them to know that the difference in me is Jesus and that He can change them too. I don’t want them to think I’m “good” on my own. The truth is, without Jesus, I don’t know if I would even be friends with the same people. I want to have such a radical faith that people don’t just see it, but they are drawn to it. I want people to thirst for Jesus when they see my life. And I don’t want them to think that I’m better than them. I want them to see that I am weak, like them, but that Jesus is my strength.I want to be able to love people radically. Including those in my home. I want to love Jesus at home as much as I do in church and in school. I don’t want to be two different people anymore. I want to be one person, with an unshakeable faith and love for Jesus. When people look at me, I don’t want them to see me. I want them to see Jesus.I just want people to see Christ in me. I don’t even care if they know my name as long as they get to know my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment