Monday, January 28, 2013

My Wish by Rascal Flatts


My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,Yeah, this, is my wish.


My Wish, by Rascall Flatts.

I love this song so much...I mean it almost brings me to tears sometimes. It's not particularly Christian, but it's so beautiful, and to me it means something to do with Jesus. My Wish is so beautiful, because it talks about life. I guess I'm just rambling here, so yeah haha.

But for real. Jesus' wish for us is that our lives are amazing and that they turn out to be more than we could ever imagine or fathom. Jesus wants our dreams to stay big, that we can do great things for His Kingdom. He wants our worries to stay small and for us to trust in Him more. He doesn't want us to carry more than we can hold, His yoke is easy and His burden is light. He will carry our worries for us! And most of all, He wants us to have the knowledge that Someone loves us. That Someone who created the Heavens and the stars, that Someone who invented life itself, gave everything to show that He loves us.

This song makes me kinda sad sometimes too. Have you ever watched a whole series of a show, and then you watch the last episode and feel a small void afterwards? It's like theres a teensy bit of emptiness inside. Or if you go on to a different part of your life, say you move schools, or you move states. And it's the next chapter of your life. And you feel that little ache inside you. Part of you is aching for the past. 

For me, well my best friend moved a little over a year ago. She moved from a small(ish) town in the midwest to Florida! Right outside of Orlando! She literally goes to Disney at least once or twice a month. When she first told me the news, (about her moving) in November of last year, I couldn't hold the tears back. My mom later told me that if you had looked at my face at that moment, you'd a thought someone had died. I probably overreacted, but what can you do? At the moment it felt like my whole world had toppled over and ended. We had only known each other for a year, and she was already moving! I couldn't believe it. She was excited about moving to Florida, and why wouldn't she be? I felt like I had gotten the bad end of the deal, until I realized that that means I get to go to Disney when I visit her! :) Looking back, I know what I was doing wrong. I invested a lot of time into my relationship with her. I don't regret it, but what I do regret is not investing enough in Jesus. I didn't nurture my relationship with Him as much as I did mine with her. It's so easy to put something earthly before something Heavenly. I guess it's because the effect is immediate, and Heaven seems too far away. But I now know that if I had invested enough into my relationship with God, I wouldn't have felt so empty inside the day she left. Now that I've gotten used to her being gone, I realize that all my fears were stupid. We're still great friends! Maybe even better than before, but only because we have God at the center. That way, when we care for our friendship, both of us are strengthened in our faith too:)

My friend is visiting in February, and I can't wait! It's going to be awesome:) Jesus has been so faithful in helping me get through this. i sometimes miss her a lot, like when I see things on TV that we used to watch together, or when I find a note or two that we passed during class:) But God is enough to help both of us get through it!

The moral of the story here: Put all your trust in Jesus and the overflow of your relationship with him will pour into the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment